More than 70% of ladies are fully or partially dissatisfied with the shape & size of their breasts. If you also have the same feeling, it is not strange at all. Even breast appearance enhancement has become a billion dollar market all over the world. You can easily find numerous surgeons offering breast customization through various processes. As per the current scenario, 4 kinds of surgeries are highly in demand i.e.
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast reduction
- Breast Lift
In this article, we are going to discuss breast implant or augmentation procedure in detail.
What is breast augmentation?
The term implant or augmentation represents enhancing the size of breasts according to the expectation of a lady. Artificial substances compatible with the human body are implanted inside the epidermis layer of skin with surgery. Around a decade ago, silicon was the only substance used by surgeons to implant but now many other options are also available. A list of implantation materials is mentioned below:-
- Saline implant material
- Gummy bear breast implant
You can expect round, smooth or textured results after the execution of the implantation procedure. Currently, saline & silicone materials are highly trending among renowned clinics of breast implants in Baltimore.
Ideal candidates for breast implant
- For saline gen implant, you must be at least 18 years old with a healthy body. The minimum age limit for a silicone implant is 22 years.
- Before and after 1 month of surgery, your body must be free from the toxins produced by drinking & smoking.
- The breasts must be fully developed to operate with any filling agent.
- If single or both breasts failed to develop even after crossing the age of 20s.
- If you lose the shape & contour of breasts after the pregnancy period.
Disqualified candidates for breast implantation surgery
Reaching the eligibility age of implant doesn’t mean that you are an ideal candidate for customization of breasts. If your body is not ready to accept a change of cosmetic surgery, the circumstances may be more adverse than your expectation. Here is a list of some conditions that make you an unsuitable candidate for breast augmentation.
- Having skin infection on any part of the body.
- Your skin is hyperallergic to synthetic substances
- If you are suffering from cancer and have a weak immunity to recover.
- Breast augmentation is prohibited for pregnant & breastfeeding mothers.
Potential risks with breast augmentation surgery
Breast augmentation surgery has become so popular that numerous advanced techniques have come to existence for safe surgery. Still, it is a surgical process, so the risk of any mishap is obvious. You need to be aware of some adverse impacts as mentioned below:-
- Under unhygienic conditions during surgery or post-surgery healing, there are some chances of mold & bacterial infestation.
- After the implant, some patients also complained of chronic breast pain.
- Leakage of fillers in some rare cases.
- Dissatisfactory results of surgery
- Fillers shifting from their actual position to other organs results in the distorted shape.
- Easily visible lifelong scars
There is no need to worry about the negative impacts if your surgeon is a proficient person. Always choose a certified clinic holding adequate prior experience in the implantation surgery.