Chicken curry is the most versatile dish for all non-vegetarians as it goes with everything- rice, chapati, dosa, biryani, etc. Although there are many variations seen in the chicken curry recipe, this is the most basic one. We have mentioned below all the instructions for a healthy chicken recipe that will help you cook the chicken in the easiest manner with the basic ingredients that everyone has. So without any further due, let’s get started with the chicken curry recipe.
- First, the chicken curry recipe, heat the oil in a big pan, slice the onions, and then put them in the pan. Let them fry until they turn golden brown because that is the color we want in our onions.
- A healthy chicken recipe takes loads of ginger and garlic. So chop down the green chilies, ginger, and garlic in an uneven manner and grind them in the grinder.
- Now comes the powders’ turn. Add coriander powder, cumin seeds or powder, and the most beneficial, turmeric powder. Add everything to the golden brown onion and saute them for 20-30 seconds.
- For the next step, add the ground paste in the pan and add some chopped tomatoes. Let it fry for a minute and as the mixture turns fragrant, pat your back because so far, you are doing a great job!
- Clean the chicken pieces and add them to the pan, along with coconut milk and a cup of water. Add salt as per your taste and let this come to a boil.
- The next step in the chicken curry recipe involves grinding soaked poppy seeds into a paste with two tablespoons of water.
- Now add the poppy seeds paste in the chicken curry after it has come to boil. Cook the curry for at least 15-20 minutes on the low flame so that the chicken pieces get adequately cooked.
- This is one major step in the chicken curry recipe, as it helps the curry to thicken a bit. And if you feel the consistency is too watery, then let it cook in the open pan.
- You can also add some more thick coconut milk to the curry. After mixing the milk well in the curry, do not boil it for too long.
- Once the whole chicken curry comes to a boil, add some freshly cut coriander to it. Check the salt and remove it from the flame.
- Congratulations! You have nailed it with this chicken curry recipe, and now your chicken curry is ready to be served hot.
The specialty of a healthy chicken recipe is slow cooking. Please do not rush in a hurry to complete the cooking. Take it slow and enjoy the process. Believe us, a slow-cooked chicken curry will be worth the effort as it will come out too tasty. Whether you are making a traditional chicken curry or going for a chicken roaster recipe, make sure you cook it with patience as it is all about the time and effort you put in anything you cook with love. So happy cooking and enjoy your chicken curry with your loved ones!