The madness of card games these days is on another level and people are so interested in playing cards that they are even opting for it as a profession.
Poker is a type of card game that requires players to plan strategic bets and decisions and win poker chips and money as a winning reward. Playing poker depends upon your skill and a bit of luck. Creating the best possible hand rankings in the form of pairs, and straights is the main objective of playing poker.
Whereas Teen Patti, also known as Indian Poker, is played using a standard deck of 52 cards and is comparatively easier than poker. The main aim of Teen Patti is to rank the best order of their three cards.
Now let us dive into the analysis of both forms of the game and point out the basic differences-
Difference on the basis of Origin and History-
- Online teen patti, also referred to as Online Indian Poker, is the replica of the traditional teen patti card game which is played digitally on the internet.
- Online poker originated from traditional poker which has evolved a lot over centuries, it was first played in the late 1990s.
Difference on the basis of gameplay and necessary rules-
- Online teen patti is comparatively easy as compared to other variants of card games or poker and it is played with a single deck of cards. It often involves betting rounds where comparison of three-card hands.
- Online poker offers a number of variants of poker the most popular one being the Texas Hold’em. The objective of playing poker is to achieve the best hand ranking to win money or poker chips.
Differences in Skill or luck-
- Online teen patti is more like a game of luck which highly depends upon the chances or the way you initiate your move in the game.
- Online poker is highly regarded as a game of skill with a touch of luck. Making wise and strategic moves can help you to be the winner of the game.
Difference on the basis of the formats-
- Online teen patti follows a traditional format of teen patti and has no such type of variation but it does allow few side betting conditions.
- Online poker offers a number of variations named Texas Hold’em, Omaha Hold’em, three-card poker, Chinese poker, Badugi, and many more.
Difference on the basis of cultural significance-
- Online teen patti carries a vital cultural significance and is connected to Indian roots and traditions.
- Online poker is strongly influenced by Western pop culture and Western ideas and is often presented in films and other media formats. It is also part of professional tournaments as an element of skillful and strategic games.
Difference on the basis of social aspect-
- Online teen patti, influences social interaction and creates community building and bonding among each other.
- Online poker includes live chat features which allows connection among people and promotes social gaming.
It all depends on your taste, your familiarity with the game, and who you prefer to play with. What is Online Poker and what is Teen Patti?Online Poker is a card game which is played online. It has the same rules as offline Poker. However, the rules differ in terms of how it is played, who it is played against, how it is played against skill, and how it is seen in the culture.