Individuals who have had body pains for more than three months should consult the best rheumatologist in Lahore. The specialist will conduct the relevant tests to identify the disease and its cause. It will help opt for the best and most effective treatment plan to enhance physical health and avoid further complications.
Fibromyalgia is a condition, in which the person suffers from lethargy, sleep problems, cognitive impairment, and constant pain in the body due to damage to the muscles and soft tissues. Men and women above thirty-five with a family history are at a higher risk of suffering from fibromyalgia. There is no permanent cure for fibromyalgia; however, the available treatment has proven beneficial in managing the symptoms.
What are the indications that a person is suffering from Fibromyalgia?
The symptoms of fibromyalgia are:
- The individual has had constant pain in the body for more than three months.
- The patient has sleep problems, which affect their functioning and mental health.
- The caregivers can notice that the patient diagnosed with fibromyalgia cannot focus and pay attention to the task at hand. It induces anxiety and affects overall functioning.
- The person cannot sleep and remain lethargic. They cannot complete everyday tasks due to restlessness.
What are the causes of Fibromyalgia?
The known causes of fibromyalgia are:
- The gene mutation can trigger the condition and may worsen with time without medical intervention.
- The person suffering from infections is at a higher risk of suffering from fibromyalgia and related complications.
- Physical or emotional trauma can cause constant pain and other symptoms of fibromyalgia.
- Individuals suffering from lupus, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis are at a higher risk of developing the condition.
What are the complications associated with Fibromyalgia?
The complications that correlate with fibromyalgia are:
- The person remains lethargic due to sleep problems, which can affect personal and professional growth.
- The person cannot focus and complete tasks on time, which can induce anxiety. The condition may worsen without treatment and lead to clinical depression and other psychological disorders.
What preventive measures help in reducing the chances of triggering Fibromyalgia?
The preventive measures that can help minimize the chances of fibromyalgia are:
- People should maintain a healthy lifestyle to strengthen their immune systems and enhance their mental health.
- People must keep their environment clean to avoid infections and related problems. Also, people with infections should take proper treatment to prevent further physical health complications.
What tests help diagnose an individual with Fibromyalgia?
The tests that help in diagnosing an individual with Fibromyalgia are:
- Blood Testing: The tests help check the levels of RBC, platelets, and WBC to rule out the other possibilities that may cause the person to suffer from cognitive problems and pain.
- ESR: It helps detect inflammation in the body, which correlates with the infection.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: The RF test helps check if the patient is suffering from arthritis; that may have led to further complications, such as fibromyalgia.
- TFTs: The thyroid function tests help check the function of the thyroid gland.
What are the treatment options proven effective for Fibromyalgia?
The effective treatment options are:
- Use of Analgesics: The medications help provide the patient relief from the pain. It allows them to function adequately in every aspect of life.
- Use of Antidepressants: The medication helps manage the symptoms of anxiety and depression, which can affect physical and psychological health.
- Physical Therapy: The therapy helps the patent develop stamina and strength that enhances the body movement.
- Counseling: The therapy helps the patient feel positive about the treatment. The support group can help manage stress and anxiety and function in professional and personal life.
People diagnosed with fibromyalgia must visit a rheumatologist in Karachi. The specialist will provide guidance regarding effective and latest treatment options that can enhance their physical and psychological health and avoid further complications.