Your face deserves special care and attention, and it certainly needs it as well. Think of it this way, you put on layers of makeup that sometimes stay on your face from 9 – 5, you sweat, dirt gets on your face as you go about your day, you touch your face with your hands that have probably been all over your laptop, phone, keys and doorknobs.
Not only that, but the sun has its own damaging effects on your skin, you can be prone to acne during certain times, and your face can be really sensitive to all sorts of things. So, if you are trying to get a skincare routine going – as you should – make sure you get a face serum.
But what is a face serum? What does it do? And how do you choose the one that’s right for you?
What is a Face Serum?
Face serums are topical skincare products that are used to tackle a wide range of skin problems. But what is the hype all about? Aren’t all skincare products just like that, after all? Well, face serums get their great rep thanks to them providing high concentrations of specific active ingredients to the skin.
So, all face serums have potent and rich ingredients that elevate your skincare routine to the next level. And depending on the skin problem you want to target, you get to choose a suitable face serum from the many serum types as below:
- Hydrating serums.
- Antioxidant serums.
- Brightening serums.
- Pore-minimizing serums.
- Anti-aging serums.
Using Face Serums: How and When?
Here’s a short, quick, and straightforward FAQ about the how’s and when’s when it comes to face serums:
Q1: How many times do I need to use the face serum a day?
A1: Apply your serum twice daily, once in the morning and once at night.
Q2: In what order do I apply the serum within my skincare routine?
A2: In the morning, apply the serum right after cleansing and toning, and before applying sunscreen. As for the night, apply the serum before a suitable moisturizer.
Q3: How do I apply the serum itself?
A3: Apply the serum on your fingers instead of the palm of your hand, so you don’t get carried away and waste product, then massage it into your skin with circular motions.
The Right Face Serum for You
When looking for the best face serum for your skin provided to you by the best online skincare solution, you need to consider your skin type.
The following points show you what ingredients you should look for when shopping for and picking a face serum:
- Normal Skin: There aren’t really many restrictions when it comes to normal skin, you can experiment freely and layer serums according to whatever skin problem you want gone.
- Oily Skin: Serums with vitamin C, salicylic acid, glycerin, niacinamide and lactic acid are your best friend. Want to get rid of excess oil and the extra shine? Don’t compromise on those ingredients in order to get the oiliness control you want.
- Dry Skin: Look for serums with hyaluronic acid, glycerin, betaine and panthenol so you could have dry-relieved, fresh and hydrated skin.
- Combination Skin: To have the best possible outcome, use serums with niacinamide on the oily spots and serums with hyaluronic acid on the dry ones.
- Acne-Prone Skin: Your face serum must have salicylic acid as it breaks down pimples and comedones.
Get the right face serum for your skin and it will surely thank you! If your skincare routine misses a serum, make sure you get one as soon as you can, and watch how it magically transforms your skin.