In our day to day life, computers are now playing an essential role. Most of the things are now being done with the help computer. When gone online the ability of computers get enhanced even further. But widespread use of the internet has given birth to numerous threats that seem unavoidable in the beginning. But you can avoid these threats if you choose an anti-virus software. An anti-virus software prevents our PC from harmful software and spams.
When it comes to using an anti-virus software that is free of cost but works efficiently, Avast is quite a big name. Vast number of people use Avast to keep their PC secure. It works well on windows-based PC and there is paid version as well that is called Premium. You can opt that by paying the required amount of money and you will get some additional features that are not available on the free version. But all these features don’t make Avast free from faults. Recently, I saw many users looking for some solution to fix Avast UI failed to load. In case you are facing similar trouble with your Avast anti-virus software, maybe you should read this blog. Read about all the solutions and see which one works for you.
Restart your PC:
- This is the first step you should take whenever you are facing issues with any software. Restarting your PC sets everything to default. Now all the data that was previously stored on RAM gets erased and it is a fresh start for every application. This step might fix all your issues associated with Avast UI failed to load. In case there is some major issue underneath, you will again start getting Avast UI failed to load error.
Repair Avast on your PC:
- If Avast was not installed on your PC properly, you may face issues like this on your PC. And even if the installation was successful, some files in it may get corrupted and that may cause issues like Avast UI failed to load. There are several solutions that might work here but repairing Avast should be your first option. These are the instructions to do it:
- Launch the Run prompt on your PC by pressing Windows key + R.
- In the Run prompt type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter.
- Now you have opened Application Manager on your PC and from the list of applications, find Avast and then right-click on it.
- Now, click on the Uninstall option and after the Avast Set up has launched, click on the Repair button.
- Wait until the completion of this process. After the process to restart has been finished, launch Avast on your PC and see if you have resolved your issue.
Check whether Remote Desktop Service has been enabled on your PC:
- Remote Desktop service is feature that gives a PC ability to control another PC. It seems that Avast antivirus uses this feature to work on PC. If someone has not enabled remote desktop service on their PCs, they may face issues like Avast UI failed to load. You can fix this issue by enabling Remote Desktop Service on your PC. Here are the steps required to do it:
- Press Start + R on your keyboard to open Run prompt.
- After the Run prompt has opened, type services.msc and press Enter.
- Now a new screen will list all the services that are running on your PC, find the entry Remote Desktop Services and right click on it.
- From the context menu, click on the option Properties.
- After you have opened the Properties menu, check if this service is running. Now, click on the start button and choose the Startup type as Automatic. To save these changes, click on Apply button and then click on OK.
Reinstall Avast on your PC:
- If any of the solutions mentioned above didn’t work for you, you should reinstall avast on your PC. The best way to do it is by uninstalling Avast from your PC and then install it again.
- Follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall Avast from your PC:
- Open Windows Settings. (you can do it by clicking on the start menu at the bottom-left corner of the screen. Just above the power symbol there is an cogwheel icon of settings. Click on it.)
- After you have opened Windows Settings, click on Apps. On the new screen, you will find a list of all the applications that are installed on your PC.
- Click on Avast and then on Uninstall.
- After this application has been uninstalled from your PC, download the latest version of Avast from the internet and install it on your PC. After you have installed the latest version of Avast, restart your PC and see of you have resolved your issue.
We have mentioned many solutions to fix your issue of Avast UI failed to load. You should try all of these solution for once at least and see which one works for. In case any of the solutions mentioned above didn’t work for you, may you should update your Windows to the latest version. Many times such problems occur because you are using an old version of Windows on your PC.
If your issue persists even after updating your Windows, you should try the other alternatives. Like you should go for some other anti-virus software as there are plenty of them available in the market.