Living and surviving in the busy world like ours, takes a toll on our health and well being. Did you know that stress and modern day anxiety can not only harm our mental health, it may also leave a bad effect on our skin and hair? Skin conditions like aging, sun damage etc. can even become permanent in some cases and premature hair loss, hair thinning and baldness may be responsible behind the decreasing quality and health of hair. In spite of taking proper care, hair loss is a genuine concern, even among people in young ages. But thankfully, modern technology provides efficient medical treatments to reverse the effects of hair loss. FUE hair transplant in Pune, Delhi, Mumbai and other cities is one such procedure that can help the people with serious hair loss issues. Dermatologists and skin specialists in various cities also offer laser treatments these days, to reverse the effects of sun and pollution on our skin.
Skin care for modern lifestyle
If facial skin is properly taken care of, one can enjoy a healthy glowing skin even at old age. Actors and models specifically swear by a few products and routines every single day to take proper care of their skin and save it from the harmful effects of exposure to pollution and the sun.
- Sun is your biggest enemy- Sun damage can be one of the most harmful effects on our skin. Using sunscreen with an SPF of fifty or more, on a daily basis is a must for every person, regardless of their age or gender.
- Washing frequently- Dermatologists and skin specialists recommend washing the face using a good quality foaming or non foaming cleanser in the morning and before going to bed, no matter your skin type.
- Scrubbing- Using a gentle exfoliator helps to remove the dead skin cells from the facial skin. This helps in regeneration of skin tissues and promotes healthy blood circulation in the facial skin.
- Hydrating- Hydration is a must for facial skin as it tends to lose its moisture and elasticity due to prolonged exposure to the surroundings. Drinking enough water also helps to retain the moisture in our skin. This must be accompanied by using your favourite moisturizer, serums and face oils to lock all the moisture in the skin.
- Using clean pillow covers- It is also suggested that one should use clean pillow covers to sleep on as there can be an unwanted bacterial growth on the pillows which may transfer to the skin while sleeping. It is advised to use satin pillow covers and to change them frequently.
- Sanitizing- Skin care and beauty specialists suggest cleaning the screen of our mobile phones everyday, using rubbing alcohol or any alcohol based sanitizer to minimize the risk of bacterial transfer to the skin.
Hair care for modern lifestyle
Just like the skin, our hair tends to be damaged by the pollution as well as sun exposure. But with regular care, our hair can remain lustrous and maintain a healthy shine for a long time.
- Trimming frequently- It is suggested that trimming the hair once a month may help in preventing the hair to suffer permanent damage.
- Washing regularly- Having a clean scalp not only prevents dandruff, but also promotes new hair growth. It is advised to wash the hair once every two days, in order to ensure a clean scalp.
- Oiling- As much as we would like to believe otherwise, oiling the hair regularly improves the quality, elasticity, shine and moisture retaining capacity of our hair. Oiling should be done at least twice a week to promote healthy hair growth.
- Protecting from heat treatments- If you are fond of styling your hair, make sure to use a heat protectant in order to protect your hair from the damage of intense heat exposure and use your hair styling instruments on a low or medium heat setting.
- Conditioning- Using a conditioner after the shampoo or a leave in conditioner can help to lock in the moisture and prevent frizz and dryness of hair.
- Drying techniques- Beauty specialists suggest to avoid blow drying your hair on a regular basis. Air drying your hair naturally helps to prevent dryness and frizz.
In case one’s skin or hair has already suffered through a lot of damage, there is always an option to consult hair specialists and skin specialists for further medical treatments. These days, laser skin treatments can help in reversing the damage to the skin. Most cities have special clinics for hair transplant procedures like FUT and FUE hair transplant in Pune, Delhi, Mumbai and other cities.