First, let’s break down who an engaged employee is and how to identify him among others.
An engaged employee is an employee who is full of enthusiasm and “goes to work with his head”, thereby taking care of the reputation of his company. Probably, every employer dreams of an employee who is interested in work, someone who will give his full attention to his work.
An engaged employee will always:
- speaks well of his company;
- to act for the good of his employer;
- associates his professional future with the company and is ready to make additional efforts.
Of course, all these characteristics do not give a clear definition of the involved employee. It does not provide clear guidance on how to distinguish more engaged employees from those who may be disengaged.
However, understanding the benefits and drivers of employee engagement is more important than having a single definition of engaged employees.But involvement depends not only on the employee, but also on the relationship of the management.
According to the data, these factors affect engagement:
- First of all, the workplace should be charged with positivity. Employees should feel supported and welcomed by their management, thereby strengthening the bond between the employee and the organization.
- Meaningful work is also inevitable. When employees are given the right tools and autonomy to truly take responsibility for their tasks, they find purpose in their work.
- It is important for employees to feel that they have a future with the company beyond their current position and salary.
- And, of course, nothing will work without the acorn.
It is worth remembering that engagement does not arise from the internal motivation of the employee, but depends on how the employer manages to create a suitable work environment.
How to increase staff engagement?
In order to increase the level of employee engagement, it is important that the management is open, that honest relationships are built, and that the employee always has feedback, an understanding of the company’s strategy, and shares its values. Employees who do not understand their role in the company are less engaged. It depends on both the company and the employee.Staff involvement is analyzed in three areas:
- emotional involvement — what an involved employee feels;
- active engagement — how an engaged employee acts;
- level of engagement support — “the company’s investment in engagement.”
Dubai offers jobs where employers are interested in stimulating the engagement of their employees.Here,employers are genuinely interested in the well-being of their employees.Due to the high degree of involvement, such companies have higher profit, revenue, number of regular customers, and quality of service.
Engaged employees will always put in extra effort and be committed to their organization.
These people will always strive to exceed expectations by offering innovative solutions.Engaged employees tend to have good leadership skills, so they will 100% influence others with their upbeat attitude, discipline, and drive to work.This worker always goes one step further than the one who “does his job”.If employees are constantly coming up with new ideas instead of focusing on obstacles, there is a high probability that their level of engagement is high.We can conclude that efforts to attract employers are a real investment.A modern employee, in addition to a high income, wants to get a comfortable working environment: to join the team and develop professionally.
Engaged employees will always share their knowledge, not hide it.
One of the easiest ways to spot an engaged employee is to understand how much they share their knowledge with other employees.He will always help and support his colleagues if they have difficulties in doing their work.Every manager dreams of employees who work with full dedication, strive to do their work faster and better, are responsible for the team’s results, improve their professional knowledge and are ready to share their experience with others.Engaged employees like to listen to others and take other colleagues’ ideas into account.They are empathetic and tend to care about the well-being of employees.
Engaged employees usually do not miss work without a valid reason.
It is clear to everyone that engaged employees, in contrast to disengaged employees, try less, or even not to miss their work at all, because they strive to achieve more in their career growth, and not just do nothing. They go to work with pleasure with the goal set for them the task will be done. That’s why a very popular sign of low employee engagement is precisely the absence of work.
And did you know what a plus it is to have an engaged employee?
- First of all, these are higher sales and higher profitability.(Of course, active organizations have a higher percentage of sales than inactive colleagues, but you simply cannot do without the stimulating behavior of managers)
- Better team performance(The productivity of a team with engaged employees will always be better, because they give their work to the fullest, and if you work as a team, then all the assigned work will be completed quickly, qualitatively and at a decent level.)
- Employee engagement plays a huge role in the success and achievement of your team.
- If your employees are engaged and monitor the stress level of your team, they will have a lower risk of burnout.
Every employer dreams of employees who are eager to work, generate and implement new ideas, because they are the drivers of business.
The most common factors of employee engagement:
- Opportunities for career development;
- Frequent feedback and recognition;
- Compensation and benefits;
- Good management and relationship with managers;
- Interesting projects and the use of the latest technologies.