HP printers of some models sometimes will have the requirement to install basic drivers. The HP printer software that installed on the printer devices will allow the users to use all the necessary facilities which are present in the printer. The basic drivers of HP printers allow the users just to print or scan but they do not accompany any type of additional HP software along with them.
Process of installing HP printer through a USB connection using basic drivers
In order to install the drivers on the HP printer’s users are required to visit the support website of HP, where all the latest and updated versions of the drivers are present. Here is the step-by-step process of installing HP printer through USB connection with the help of basic drivers.
Check this also HP Printer Set to Travel in Space
- The first and the foremost step that involves in the process of installing basic drivers is that it is essential to ‘Power ON’ the printer.
- Then it is important to take car that USB cable should not be connected until and unless informed in the procedure and in case if it is connected first only, then just users are required to remove it.
- The next step involves navigating to the particular driver installation file present on the users computer which is required as per the configuration of users computer. However, it is available for downloading from the support.hp.com website.
- Now the next step is to open the above file, by extracting the installer, once the files are extracted a dialogue box appears on the screen.
- The dialogue box is the confirmation regarding if the user wishes to open the file or else allow the changes to be made to the computer, by clicking on ‘Yes’ button present in the dialogue box installation process will start.
- Then on the screen it appears as 1,2,3 connect screen, clicking on ‘Continue’ button present on the screen the process continues.
- The next comes ‘Installation, Agreements and settings’ screen where users need to check the box of ‘Agree to the terms’ and click on ‘Next’ button to proceed.
- Now the dialogue box displays that basic drivers are being installed.
- The next step in the process asks the users to connect the ‘USB’ cable to the printer and computer, where the flat end connects to the USB port on the CPU while the square end to the printer.
- Then the installer will be able to detect the printer and proceeds with installation, where some prompts will appear and users are requested to follow them accordingly.
- As the printer installation completes, HP printer assistant will open automatically without any assistance, incase if not opened double click on icon.
- In the HP Printer assistant user can view ink levels, printing options and other options that are useful, and it is ready to use.
The above mentioned procedure is required to be followed carefully in order to install HP printer with the help of USB using basic drivers.
If you have any query related to your problem you can directly contact on HP Printer Support phone number (+1-844- 585-4521).