Nut lovers need no particular reason to have pistachio. These nuts are healthy, tasty, and come with many benefits for those who love them. Several health studies in the past offered evidence to prove that pistachios are healthy nuts. You can consume them in any form. From making a pistachio-yogurt sauce or creamy pistachio butter, you can do experiments with these salty dudes.
If you are pistachio- and cookie-lover at the same time, then there is an exciting recipe to try right now: Pistachio-cream sandwich cookies. You can make these yummy sandwich cookies at your home. All that you require includes some ingredients and pistachio cream spread.
What else would you need to make these cookies? A recipe. If you are excited to make pistachio- cream sandwich cookies and impress everyone with your cookie-making skills, then we have a recipe for you. Before beginning with ingredients, make sure that you have pistachio cream spread sandwich if you do not want to make the spread on your own.
Start With Ingredients
The first step to making these pretty, bright, and mouth-watering cookies is to get ingredients for cookies.
- All-purpose flour (2.25 cups)
- Baking powder (1 teaspoon)
- Kosher salt (half teaspoon)
- Baking soda (1 teaspoon)
- Granulated sugar (3/4 cup)
- Vanilla extract (1.5 teaspoon)
- Unsalted butter (1.5 cups)
- Egss (2)
Once you have got all the ingredients mentioned above, the next step is to move to the preparation step. Before starting, confirm that all the ingredients and utensils are there near you.
- The first step is to prepare your oven for cookies. Preheat it to 350-degree. The correct oven temperature ensures that your cookies are nicely baked and got a good texture.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and add all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda to it. Get a whisk and blend the ingredients carefully.
- In a large bowl, put unsalted butter, pistachio paste, and granulated sugar. Mix them well using an electric mixer. If the mixer is on medium-high speed, then blend the ingredients for around four minutes until it becomes fluffy.
- Once the fluffy and light mix is ready, add the vanilla extract and then eggs to it. Here, you need to make sure that you are adding eggs to the blend only when the vanilla extract is mixed well.
- The next step is to add dry ingredients to the mix. Ensure that all of them have blended well in the mix.
- On baking sheets, put the tablespoonfuls of dough. After that, bake the cookies for around 15 minutes. The time can be reduced by one or two minutes considering the color of cookies; it should be golden.
- Once done, let the cookies cool on baking sheets for around 10 minutes. After that, they are ready.
Pistachio Cream Spread Recipe
Although you have the option to get pistachio cream spread from a store, you can also prepare the cream at home. Ingredients you need for the cream and assembly are:
- Unsalted butter (0.5 cup)
- Pistachio paste (0.5 cup)
- Powdered sugar (0.3 cup)
- Kosher salt (0.25 teaspoon)
- Vanilla extract (0.5 teaspoon)
- Pistachio Cream and Assembly
This part of the pistachio-cream sandwich cookies recipe includes filling cream into cookies.
- Take a large bowl and add unsalted butter, pistachio paste, powdered sugar, vanilla, and kosher salt to it. Use an electric mixer and prepare a fluffy blend. This could take around three minutes.
- Now, spread one scant tablespoonful pistachio cream onto a cookie. After that, top with another cookie. Follow the same procedure for all the remaining cookies.
Your pistachio-cream sandwich cookies are ready. Before taking a bite, it is advisable to store them for at least 24 hours. When you are storing them, make sure that they are stored tightly at room temperature.
You can make yummy cookies only when you have all the required ingredients. Whether you are buying flour or pistachio cream spread, ensure that you are getting it from a trusted supplier.