Indian music industry is very huge and it is developing there are many music company which is making music and earning good money from it. If you have knowledge of music and want to start your own music company then you can start your own private limited company. You have to follow some legal procedure then you will be able to incorporate your company. You have to register your company under Ministry of corporate affairs and you should also register your company under Udyog Aadhar because it will give you many benefits under various government schemes. This article will give you an idea about the registration which should be done for a company.
How to start a music company in India
- You have to first learn about the music and have to develop your music skills because if you want to run a music company then you should have knowledge of music so you can produce good music. Music knowledge is important because if you don’t have good knowledge of music then you cannot make a good song and then you song will be a flop so you should have knowledge of music.
- Then you have to get the music equipment because without equipment you cannot make music so you have to get music equipment and you have to choose a space for your music studio where you can record your music. Then you have to hire lyricist, music composers, and singers for song making.
- Legal registration of a music company is mandatory. If you are thinking starting a private limited company then two or more person require for incorporation of private limited company. Private limited company should be incorporated according to laws of companies’ act 2013. If you want to incorporate your music company as private limited company then you have to register your company under the ministry of corporate affairs. Registration process is very simple and easy, you can file your incorporation form online through online portal of Ministry of corporate affairs. After that you can apply for the GST Registration for the same.
- Trademark registration of your company’s name and logo is also important because without trademark registration anyone can use your company’s name and logo and will misuse it so trademark registration will prevent them. After trademark registration you will get an exclusive rights to use your trademark. You can see all other company’s name and logo all these are registered under trademark because trademark registration is important to secure your intellectual rights. After making a song you should copyrights that song because without copyright anyone can steal your song so you should aware with these things.
- If you don’t have much budget and want support from government then you should register your company under the MSME. MSME registration will give you many benefits under the various government schemes. You can register your company under Udyog Aadhar it will give you many benefits like you will get loan on low interest rates and you will get subsidy from various government schemes. Process of registration is very easy and simple you can fill your Udyog Aadhar application form online on the portal of Udyog Aadhar and there is no requirement of documentation so it is very easy to get Udyog Aadhar.
- After incorporation of your company you can start your work and you can compose your own songs and then you can release it on social media or television or both. YouTube is very popular as songs are directly releasing on YouTube nowadays.
As you can see that in the above article that company registration is mandatory and without company registration you may have to face legal consequences so you should register your company under Ministry of Corporate affairs. Registration process is very simple and you can file your incorporation form online through online portal of Ministry of corporate affairs. And after company registration you have to comply with the rules and regulation of registrar of companies because it is mandatory to file compliance under registrar of companies. Other legal registration like copyrights and trademark registration is also important for you because it will secure your intellectual property rights and prevent them others to use your property and if anyone use your intellectual property without getting permission from you then he will get punishment under the laws. MSME registration is also important for newcomers because they are providing many facilities like loan on low interest rates and subsidy from various government schemes so you should register your company under MSME. If you are thinking of starting a new music company then you should consider the above given points.