Tue. Jul 16th, 2024
How To Treat Hair Fall? Which Doctor To Consult For Hair Loss?

Hair fall is a common problem these days that people are suffering from. Most men and women over the age of 50 experience hair loss. However, hair fall sometimes targets young people. 

When these people decide to treat their hair loss, the first thing that comes to their mind is which doctor to consult for hair loss. People usually search for hair specialist in Karachi to look for the right doctor or specialist who can help them recover their hair.

So, in this article, we will discuss which doctor to consult for hair loss and why hair fall is caused.  

Why do we lose hair? 

Alopecia, or hair fall, can affect anybody, regardless of age and gender. Excessive hair loss causes baldness. Baldness refers to empty patches or a single spot on your scalp without hair. 

Hair loss can be caused for many reasons. Some of these are: 

  • Heredity: One of the reasons for hair fall can be a family history. Hair loss can run in a family. It happens deliberately and is easily predictable. 
  • Hormones: When hormones in the body change, they can affect many-body systems, including hair growth. Some of the natural changes include pregnancy, childbirth, thyroid conditions, and menopause. These changes can be the reason for temporary or permanent hair loss. 
  • Medical conditions: Medical conditions cause alopecia areata which results in patchy hair loss. Moreover, ringworm a scalp infection, and the hair-pulling illness trichotillomania can also be the reason for hair loss.
  • Medicinal Side effects: Some medicines can also result in hair loss. It can be a side effect of certain medications. 
  •  Hairstyling and hair treatments: Using different sprays and hairstyling products also result in hair loss. Several hair treatments also result in a hair fall. 
  • Stress: Physical and emotional trauma also leads to hair loss. However, this type of hair loss is temporary and does not require a hair transplant procedure

Is it good to consult a doctor for hair loss? 

If you experience sudden and severe hair loss and are unaware of the cause, you might need professional help. 

Getting rid of hair fall can be difficult on your own. So, if you are struggling with hair loss problems, seek professional help.

Which doctor to consult for hair loss?

To treat hair loss, you need to know the reason for the condition. The condition can only be known when you visit a doctor. But the question is, what type of doctor specializes in hair loss?  

The answer to this question is a dermatologist. A dermatologist, who is a skin and hair specialist, helps us with our hair problems. The doctor will examine the scalp and let the patient know if the scalp is infectious. He will provide the right treatment and medication.

Moreover, a dermatologist will diagnose the direct cause of your hair loss and make recommendations for reversing the condition. Furthermore, a dermatologist will assist you in curing the disorder by suggesting a good diet and using pills or cosmetics.

How can a psychologist help me with hair loss? 

If your hair fall is due to stress, your dermatologist will refer you to a psychologist. 

Hair loss due to stress means that a shock, trauma, workload, or any other form of anxiety results in instant hair loss. Hair fall caused by stress is temporary and can be reversed by receiving therapy. 

Moreover, conditions like trichotillomania, a mental condition in which the person has an overpowering desire to pull hair. People suffering from this disorder pull hair from their scalps, eyebrows, and eyelashes.

However, they deny the condition and conceal it by calling it “hair fall condition”. Therefore, a psychiatrist can help these victims by practicing regular therapy and using medications.

Hair fall is a casual condition until it is caused by psychological conditions. A qualified dermatologist will help you with every type of hair fall and guide you through your ailment successfully.


By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *