Using soap for handwashing is an important part of the cleaning schedule we follow, as it helps in killing germs and fighting bacteria. However, the soap you bought from markets may not be safe for your hands. So, you can try an easy alternative, a Natural Hand soap from the market or homemade as these are made from all-natural ingredients and bases with no harmful substances present.
Different Methods to Make Natural Hand Soap
While searching, you come across many soap-making processes: regular, hot or cold process and melt and pour process. There is not much difference between these processes as in both cold and hot processes. They require an ingredient Lye which is a caustic alkali chemical called sodium hydroxide, which is harmful and can cause severe burns and irritation in its pure form. However, in the melt and pour process, Lye is not used, making you go through methods for making any natural cleaning product or soaps.
Making of Natural Soap Without Lye
Making soap yourself can be very simple, but you can complicate it if you don’t follow its rules carefully. The general rule for homemade soap making is using ounces or grams of ingredients. The correct weights give you a good result.
Moreover, the best part of making your all-natural hand soap is making it with your chosen ingredients, bases, fragrances, and essential oils.
To make your natural hand soap without using Lye, the preferred method is to melt and pour.
- The first step is to choose a soap base of your choice that includes organic shea butter, castor oil, coconut oil cocoa butter, aloe vera, and more
- A large Pyrex bowls
- Silicone mold
- Essential oils like Lavender oil, Rosehip oil, Jasmine or others.
Let’s start the method:
- Start by measuring one pound of your chosen soap base.
- Cut the soap base into large pieces and put this in the Pyrex bowl
- Then put the bowl in the microwave until the base melts.
- After the soap base is melted, add up to 30 drops of your favorite natural essential oils. (30 drops to the per pound of soap base).
- Now mix them well and pour them into the silicone mold.
- Lastly, leave these moulds to cool for a few hours before you cut them into pieces and get your home homemade natural hand soap, which is safe on your hands and makes them germ-free too.
However, if you want to combine two or more essential oils with your soap, split the 30 drops equally.
Moreover, in pandemic times, our best precautions are hand sanitizers, whether liquid, foam or alcohol-based. This also makes it necessary to touch me, not a dispenser like a foam hand sanitizer dispenser, which is the best.