Have you stumbled upon Quickbooks error code 6123? In this post, we have provided you with a troubleshooting guide to easily get rid of the issue. But, first, it is a must to know what this error code is.
Quickbooks error code 6123 occurs when you try to restore the backup of a Quickbooks company file. Also, this error may occur while you try to open the file in multi-user mode. There are different reasons for which you can face the error. One of the primary reasons is that the file is saved on an external device. So, without any delay, let’s begin with this fixation guide.
Reasons for Occurrence of Quickbooks Error Code 6123
- The Windows operating system is damaged.
- In case the Quickbooks company file is corrupted or damaged.
- Other than this, you can also face the issue if you are attempting to restore the company file from an external device.
- Next, the error can occur because of the interrupted network connection.
- Moreover, the error can occur because of the incorrect configuration of the firewall.
Troubleshoot Quickbooks error 6123 with These Quick Fixes
You can use more than one method to get rid of the Quickbooks error 6123 0 depending upon the cause of the error. Below we have listed all the methods that you can use to fix the issue.
Download and Install Quickbooks Tool Hub
Quickbooks tool hub is an integration of all the Quickbooks tools needed to get rid of different issues. So, to get rid of the Quickbooks error 6123, we suggest you perform Quickbooks tool hub download and also, run the File doctor tool and quick fix my program through it. Below we have listed all the steps that you need to follow.
Start with Quickbooks Tool Hub Download
- For this, you need to make sure that Quickbooks is not open on the system. If it is, terminate the application and then only proceed.
- Next, you will have to download the tool hub from the website.
- Now, click on the file that you have downloaded and the installation window will open on the screen.
- In the installation window, you will have to first agree on the license prompt.
- Next, you will have to pursue the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the installation process.
- After this, you will have to click on finish and then terminate the tool window.
Start Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
- To start with, open the Quickbooks tool hub application on the system.
- You will then have to click on the company file issues tab.
- Under this tab, you will have to click on the option to start the Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- You will now have to click on the Browse option and then choose the file that you wish to scan.
- Next, you will have to click on the option to start the scan.
- Wait for the tool to complete the scanning process.
- When the process is complete, move to the next step.
Start Quick Fix My Program
- To start with, you will have to start the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- Next, hover to the program problems option.
- Under this, you will have to click on the Quick fix my program option.
- Now, you will have to wait for the tool to load.
- When the tool will load, it will automatically scan and fix the program issue.
- In the end, you will have to start Quickbooks and check if you are still facing the Quickbooks error 6123 0.
Changing the Company File’s Name
Now, another reason for which you can face the Quickbooks error 6123 is that the name of the company file has exceeded the character limit or there is any special character present in the name of the file. So, when you will name the file, here are some things that you will have to keep in mind.
- The first thing that you will have to keep in mind is that the name of your company is not more than 30 characters.
- Next, you will have to make sure that there is no special character present in the name of your company file. In case there is any special character, you need to remove it from the name.
Changing the ND and TLG File’s Name
- For this, you will first have to look for the folder in which your company file is stored.
- You will then have to look for the ND file related to your company file.
- Now, you will have to right-click on the ND file, and then from the menu, choose rename.
- After this, in the name of your ND file, you will have to add Old.
- When done, save the changes made.
- Next, you will have to follow the same procedure for the TLG file.
- When done, you will have to start the Quickbooks application again and open your company file. It will now create a new ND and TLG file for you.
These troubleshooting methods will surely help you to fix Quickbooks error code 6123. We hope our efforts to compile this troubleshooting guide for you were beneficial. In case you face the issue again, we suggest you contact the support tram