With the increased talent in sports nowadays, you need a sports resume to showcase your skills and prove that you’re a league above others. It doesn’t matter if you’re an amateur athlete or the captain of your team; a sports resume will help you get life-changing opportunities.
With the competition in sports becoming fiercer by the day, job opportunities in any sports-related field are also a testament to the high attractiveness of college athletes.
So over the years, jobs have also required you to have a letter of intent explaining your motivations as to why you want to join a particular company/brand or club, but we will discuss this post in the article. You can earn money if you organize your achievements in a well-crafted sports resume with references to back you up.
How to make a sports resume?
Most players get jobs directly off the field and have never entered the resume writing phase to get a job. However, like any other resume, a sports resume follows a grid from top to bottom, and you should keep that in mind.
Sports resume not only helps in finding a job, but for young and talented college athletes, a good resume is a key to many sports scholarships from major teams. There are 3 types of sports resume formats that you can choose from:
• Reverse Chronological- This resume format lets you write your most recent job experience at the start, and then you move back in reverse until your first job.
• Functional- This resume format focuses more on your educational qualification and skill than on your previous job.
• Combination/Hybrid- This resume format is the most used and popular. This resume format combines both of the above formats and gives the candidate the best resume.
Example of a Sports Resume
Springfield, PA 19064
Skilled Soccer Coach bringing seven years of experience guiding, mentoring, and developing soccer athletes. Driven and high-achieving in maximizing agility and increasing junior players’ strength to build sustainable training habits, supporting healthy lifestyles. Develop and implement solid recruitment strategies to bring in top players. Excellent program leadership and tactical planning skills.
Sep 2017 – Current
Philadelphia Union Youth Chester, PA
• Every year, recruit four to six athletes by attending games, meeting with families, and presenting scholarship offers.
• During the offseason, enhance player health while optimizing nutritional plans to improve eating habits
Sep 2015 – Jun 2017
Select Soccer Center – Horsham, PA
• Worked on 10+ soccer games and friendly competitions each season for players in the Select Soccer Center area.
• Assessed 11+ young players and equipment to verify conformance to event rules and safety standards.
• Recruitment • Patience
•Leadership • Behavioral improvements
•Communication • Physical and endurance training
•Strategic planning • Programs and nututionnagement
Bachelor of Science: Physical Education And Coaching
Indiana University of Pennysylvania | Indiana, PA
National Soccer Coaches Association of America(NSCAA)
• State Diploma
• Regional Diploma
To sum up, you must have now understood how an effective sports resume helps and how you can create one. You need to follow some simple steps, and your dream job will be just a step away.