If you just bought a new property in San Diego or if you want to spruce up your existing home (maybe for the purposes of a sale), a kitchen remodel is a good investment to make. And here at Creative Design & Build, remodels are our business. We can remodel residential kitchens and commercial kitchens alike. And like our name suggests, we are well prepared to handle both the design and build aspects of your remodel.
How much will a kitchen remodel in San Diego cost?
Any remodeler will tell you that there is no correct answer to this question. Each home is different, each remodeler is different, and each project is unique. However, to help you understand how much of a budget you need to come up with, a San Diego kitchen remodel will cost (on average) between $60,000 and $100, 000. Get in touch with us, let us know what kind of a remodel you are looking at, and we will provide you with an accurate quote for free.
What is the most expensive part of a kitchen remodel?
There are a number of items that could take up the number one spot when it comes to this question. They include:
- Kitchen cabinets: Kitchen cabinets in larger kitchens can rake up quite the bill. This is so especially if you go for the modern designs with gloss finishes and soft-closing doors. They can cost you tens of thousands of dollars in some cases.
- Kitchen countertops: In larger kitchens, the countertops can cost a lot. More so, especially if the material of choice is marble which happens to be quite pricey.
- Kitchen appliances: Homes in San Diego will typically be furnished with high-end appliances. These appliances can be quite expensive, costing many tens of thousands of dollars. Typical high-end appliances installed in such remodels include refrigerators, oven cookers, hood extractors, microwave ovens, and wine coolers.
How long does a kitchen remodel last?
Again, there is no general answer to this question. A typical kitchen remodel could span anywhere from one week to four weeks. Different factors will determine just how long or short the process will take. Such factors include:
- Is the family living there during the remodel?
- Does the client have all the money ready?
- Are there any emerging issues that will complicate the remodel?
Is a kitchen remodel worth it?
As experts in kitchen remodels, we can clearly state that this process is worth it. As you probably know by now, a kitchen remodel will cost quite a bit of money. However, the benefits far outweigh the cost. For one, you get to increase your property value and recoup your investment upon selling. But most importantly, you get to improve your quality of living, your satisfaction with the space, and you get to increase the functionality of the area.
How can one carry out a kitchen remodel on a budget?
If you do not have a lot of money to spend on a kitchen remodel, carry out the process in bits. You can start with the tiling, then later on the wall paint, then the kitchen cabinets, and so forth. And where this is not possible, you could try getting external financing or borrowing against your mortgage.