Is your Netgear Orbi router not syncing with the satellite? Ease out the worry lines on your forehead because this isn’t an issue to stress about. In this article, you’ll find everything needed in order to troubleshoot the issue at hand. Thus, waste no more time, and read on.
Why is Your Netgear Orbi Router Not Syncing with the Satellite?
Well, there can be a number of reasons why your Orbi router is refusing to connect to the satellite. Some of the possible reasons are mentioned here:
- Location of your WiFi devices
- Orbi router and satellite are placed far away
- Outdated or corrupted firmware
- Damaged sync button
- Faulty hardware
Being aware of the reasons why your router isn’t syncing with the satellite will help you troubleshoot the issue in a more efficient manner.
Troubleshooting: Netgear Orbi Router and Satellite Not Syncing
- Relocate Your Orbi Device
One of the major reasons why your Netgear Orbi is not syncing with the satellite is because of an improper location. Are you sure that you’ve placed your Orbi device at its ideal location? If not, well, then you know that the previous statement is correct. But, worry not. Relocating your Netgear Orbi router will fix the issue. Also, consider the points mentioned below:
- Place your Orbi device in a well-ventilated area.
- Do not surround your Orbi router with electronic devices or reflexive surfaces like mirrors.
- It is recommended that you place your device away from corners and walls.
- Place the Orbi Router Close to the Satellite
Another major reason why your WiFi devices aren’t syncing is because of the distance between them. Therefore, make sure that your Orbi router is placed closed to the satellite. Placing close doesn’t mean that your devices have to stick together. It is also important to maintain a safe distance between them. Otherwise, you’ll also send an invitation to other issues like orbilogin not working, and much more.
- Update the Firmware of the Orbi
Updating the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device can surely assist you in getting rid of the issue at hand. Worry not. Performing Orbi firmware update isn’t that difficult. Simply follow the guidelines mentioned below and know know how to update your WiFi device:
Note: In case you get stuck while trying to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device, feel free to reach out to our team of experts. They are available 24/7 to assist you.
- Connect your Orbi router to the existing modem.
- Power on your laptop.
- Open a web browser of your choice on your system.
- Access the orbilogin.com administrative page.
- The Netgear Orbi login page will appear.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Click on the Firmware Update option under Administration.
- Select the model number of your Netgear Orbi device.
- Click on the Download button.
- Once the file gets downloaded, upload it.
By following these instructions, you’ll not just update the firmware of your device, but hopefully, you’ll also get rid of the issue that you’ve been facing with your Netgear Orbi.
- Get Your Orbi Device Checked
If none of the troubleshooting tips mentioned above have helped you troubleshoot the ‘Orbi router not syncing with the satellite’, then it’s probably because the sync button on either of your WiFi devices is damaged. To fix the issue, get the sync button on your Orbi device fixed.
If you are still stuck with the same issue, then it is recommended that you waste no time in getting in touch with our highly experienced technical experts. They’ll surely provide you with the right guidelines to troubleshoot the issue at hand.