We all get scars for many times during a lifetime. Scars are what our body uses to heal injured dermis layer of skin. Scars can be small or large or raised or dented. There are also different types of scars. Scars usually fade with time. But, for making them disappear you need treatment. You can use over the counter medicines, injections, chemical peeling, laser removal or even surgery according to your doctor’s advice. Or, you may go the DIY way. There are many home remedies for scars. These home remedies are being followed since ages and are effective. Besides that, it is an economical way and easy to follow. Here are some remedies that you can follow.
- Apple Cider vinegar is the new superfood(Drink?). This natural vinegar has a high amount of antioxidants and other essential compounds. ACV can help you to reduce your scars. Mix apple cider vinegar with honey in a bowl. Apply the mixture on your skin and wait for 10 minutes. Then was off. Try to do it thrice daily for quick results. Besides that, apply diluted apple cider vinegar directly on the scar and wait for some time. You may feel a burning sensation but it will go away.
- Aloe Vera is great for scars. It moisturizes and gives a cooling effect. And it does not require any measurements. You just have to scape the gel and apply it on your skin. Other than that there is also readymade aloe vera gel available in the market. Apply aloe gel on the scar and keep it for 10-15b minutes. Wash off. Some of the best scar removal soap has aloe vera extract in them.
- Honey is another thing. Honey stimulates the cells for regeneration and cell division. Use dark and organic honey for better r3esults. Apply honey directly on the scar and rinse after 15 minutes. Otherwise, make a pack by mixing it with apple cider vinegar or aloe vera gel or lemon juice. Apply the mixture on your scar and wait till it dries up. Wash with normal water. Honey lightens the skin and makes skin tone even, Honey is also very effective for acne scars.
- Coconut oil is great for a burn and other scars. Doctors still use coconut oil in a burn injury. It is also great for stretch marks. Apply coconut oil on the affected area regularly. You can mix honey or aloe vera gel with it also.
- Lemon is known for its bleaching property. It has a high amount of alpha-hydroxy acids in it. This acid works like peroxide and is a strong bleaching agent. Lemon lightens the skin and encourages new cell growth. You Can apply lemon juice over your scar. Apply and wait for 15 minutes. Use cold water to rinse the area. Please do not go out in sunlight after you have applied lemon juice because lemon juice is sensitive to sunlight. Alternatively, you can opt for no scar soap online buy containing the lemon extract.
These home remedies are very much easy and can be done anytime. The ingredients are natural hence there are no side effects. You need to do these remedies for at least 2 months to get any visible results.