Good healthcare has become super important in our fast paced, stressful world. You might have no control over how rapidly the world changes, but you can control how you respond to these changes. Taking care of your health is one way of gaining the upper hand.
As you age, you’ll find unpleasant aches and pains caused by inflammation in your legs, knees and wrists. Getting up from an ordinary chair becomes a struggle and if there’s no one to assist it can turn into a nightmare. Luckily, simply using a lift chair recliner can save the day. With the press of a button the lift chair can be raised or dropped to the desired level to change positions comfortably.
The sophistication of a lift chair recliner is designed with comfort in mind. To top it off, it comes in chic designs that will easily fit into any home décor.
Here’s why you want to invest in one.
Minimises Pressure When You’re Sitting and Standing
People suffering from immobility, arthritis or any chronic disease which limits natural movement find sitting down and standing up very painful. This simple activity becomes even more strenuous if there is no caretaker to assist you.
A lift chair helps the transitioning from sitting to standing—and vice versa—in these easy ways:
- The lift chair is mechanically designed to support your body by gently lowering the seat or lifting it to the position you desire when you press the button
- The recliner lift chair can be reclined into a seated or resting position according to your comfort level
- The chair does all the work to avoid you putting any strain on your legs, knees, hips or wrists while getting up or sitting down
Helps with the Recovery Process of Injured People
If you had a nasty fall or came out of major surgery recently, you’ll need to take it easy. A recliner lift chair is the answer. Recovering from injuries can be very painful and demands patience and the utmost care during the recovery process. These are some of the advantages of using a lift chair during this time:
- The ergonomic design: The structural design of the chair is aimed at assisting your recovery process and takes the pressure off the body. It avoids any strain to the injured parts when you sit down or stand up by supporting your body fully in the motion.
- Good oxygen circulation: By simply raising your feet in a recliner lift chair you’re assisting your body to recover faster. Resting your body in an upright position boosts oxygen and blood circulation. The elevated position allows blood to flow to your body, right down to your feet and this accelerates the recovery process.
- Comfort: You’ll find maximum comfort sitting or reclining in a lift chair. Settling in a comfortable position lessens the pain because the pressure is taken off your body. The lift chair is padded in all the right places for maximum comfort and support.
Helps You with Your Posture
There’s substantial research proving the health risks of incorrect posture and the long term damage it does to your body. Let’s look at some of the most harmful effects of poor posture:
- Back pain: This is one of the most common effects of poor posture and causes the natural shape of the spine to change. This is due to the disproportionate amount of pressure placed on the body when sitting in the incorrect position.
- Bad sleeping patterns: Poor posture compromises your entire system. Your muscles become stiff and tense causing you to toss and turn at night to find a relaxing position.
- Upset digestive system: If you sit in the wrong position for extended periods of time you run the risk of compressing your organs which can cause digestive problems.
- Headaches: Slouching or putting too much strain on your posterior muscles can cause tension headaches. It also causes neck pain because of the pressure on your neck when you bend forward frequently.
A recliner lift chair eliminates the risk of poor posture. The structural design is to give maximum support while you’re sitting or resting. It supports your back in an upright position and when you’re reclining. Most lift chairs also have adjustable neck support cushions that provide relief for your neck in any position.
Chronic back and neck pain can be debilitating and decrease your quality of life. Most of us spend a lot of time in front of the TV without a second thought about the effects of poor posture. Perhaps it’s time to rethink how we sit and the comfort we give our body when it needs it the most.
An ergonomic chair such as the recliner lift chair in the comfort of your home allows you to relax without worrying that you’re harming your body. It’s clear that lift chairs aren’t only for the elderly or the sick. It’s an investment for young and old. So which recliner lift chair will you be investing in?