As an orthodontist, you do not need to spend thousands of dollars on the Internet to promote your services to target clients. Although Canadians consider good oral health essential to their overall health, standing out from the local competition can be extremely challenging.
So, what is the best thing you can do?
Imagine the number of local orthodontists in Hamilton, and you will realize how difficult it would be to stand out. One of the greatest benefits you can get by investing in SEO for Orthodontists is it can help rank you higher in SERPs. The higher your ranking, the more potential clients will be clicking your website. It pays off to show in the top spot for relevant searchers.
Here is a short guide SEO for orthodontists and why it matters:
- Make Navigation Easier – When it comes to best navigation practices, make sure your web pages are accessible in no more than 3 clicks. Failure to do so could result in a higher bounce rate. Visitors can navigate through your web pages when you improve the structure of your website. With better and easy-to-navigate website structure, you reduce the bounce rate and boost conversion rate. These positive signals help improve your ranking in Google.
- Improve Website Speed – Website speed is a significant Google ranking signal for both desktop and mobile devices. Slow-loading websites often suffer a high bounce rate. Users are quickly bouncing from a website that loads more than 3 seconds. Using Google Pagespeed Insights, Pingdom, or GT Metrix helps examine and improve your website’s loading speed. Other steps to take to improve website speed include:
- Using a fast website host
- Compressing images and videos to minimize the size
- Removing unnecessary code and plugins
- Use Google’s accelerated mobile pages (AMPs)
- Make Your Website Mobile-Friendly – Mobile-friendliness is another way to improve the user experience for your visitor. A study reported that 60% of the total Google search came from mobile devices. Google mobile-friendly test helps check and improve the mobile-friendliness of your website.
- Choose the Right Keywords – People use keywords to search for information on search engines. Using keywords that target your dental practice like for example “affordable dentures at Smiles Denture Care Centre”, this can target your audience and find you in search engines. You can use keyword research tools to validate the possible keywords that your potential clients might use when they need orthodontic services. These keyword research tools include:
- Google Search Console
- Ahrefs Keywords Explorer
- Moz Keyword Explorer
- Google Search Console
Make sure to choose the right keywords and incorporate them into your page. However, avoid overstuffing your page with keywords as this can result in Google penalty. Although you can use them several times, make sure that they sound natural in your content.
- Optimize for Local Search – Most of your patients will come in the same community where you run your dental orthodontic practice; that is why your practice can be considered as a local business. There are several strategies you can do to show up to your potential patients in local searches, including:
- Creating and optimizing your Google My Business page
- Adding your practice to other local business listings, such as Yelp, Foursquare, Bing Places for Business
- Encourage patients to write online reviews
- Create Fresh, Relevant Content Regularly – Posting fresh, engaging, and relevant content regularly is the best way to get results. Useful content that provides solutions to readers helps your web page show up on search engines. As an orthodontist, Google wants relevant and accurate content on your web pages.
To enjoy all the amazing benefits of SEO for orthodontists, you will need the professional guidance of a reputable digital marketing company in Ajax, like the Dentist OA, that focuses on helping dentists and orthodontists boost their online presence, attract visitors, and increase lead conversion.
Do you have more tips or suggestions to share with us? Do not hesitate to write them down in the comment section. We will be happy to hear your thoughts!