Finding it difficult to setup Netgear extender? Well, worry not! By the time you’ve reached the end of this article, you’ll surely know how to set up and install a WiFi extender. Here, you’ll learn about two ways through which you can perform Netgear extender setup:
- By accessing the Netgear Genie Wizard
- By using the Netgear Nighthawk application
Thus, without any further ado, let’s get started with the setup process.
Note: Follow the step-by-step guidelines in the exact order as they are written here. Or else, you’ll end up messing up the process of Netgear extender setup.
Steps to Setup Netgear Extender Manually
Mentioned below are the instructions through which you can install a WiFi range extender by accessing the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard:
- Connect your Netgear extender with the WiFi router using a cable.
- The cable that you’re using shouldn’t be worn out or prone to any other damages.
- Power on both your WiFi devices.
- Switch on your laptop and open a web browser like Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
- Visit the mywifiext.net administrative page.
- Refer to the Netgear manual and fill in the default username and password.
Quick Tip: The default username and password of your extender are case-sensitive.
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- You will be directed to the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- Walk through the instructions displayed on the Netgear Genie dashboard.
- Once done, click on the Finish button.
After following these instructions, you’ll be able to set up your Netgear Nighthawk extender by accessing the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard. In case of doubts or queries, feel free to drop by the comments section below. Our experts will get back to you shortly.
Steps to Setup Netgear Extender Using the Nighthawk App
If you want to set up and install a WiFi extender using your mobile phone, then it is recommended that you install the Netgear Nighthawk app on your device.
Note: The good news is that the Nighthawk application operates on both Apple as well as Android devices. So, whether you use an Android or an Apple device, nothing is going to stop you from setting up an extender and accessing the internet.
- Connect the Netgear extender to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Unlock your device and download the Netgear Nighthawk app.
Note: Make sure that your mobile device is fully charged. On then put it to use.
- Download the app from the Google Play Store if you use an Android.
- Download the app from the App Store if you are the user of an Apple device.
- Once the application gets installed, start running it.
Note: Do not perform any background activities while your Netgear Nighthawk app is getting installed. Give the application enough time to get installed.
- Create a Netgear account by entering your full name and email address.
- Fill in the default admin details of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Click on the Log In button.
- The Basic Home screen will appear.
- Walk through the on-screen prompts to complete setting up the WiFi extender.
In this way, you can set up your Netgear WiFi range extender by using the Nighthawk app.
For those of you who are trying to make the impossible happen, know that you can’t use the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC Windows 10.
That was all about how to install and setup Netgear extender using two different methods. While setting up your WiFi device, if you get stuck at any point, don’t hesitate to reach out to our highly experienced technical experts. They’ll surely be of some help to you in tackling whatever setup issue you’ve been facing.