The process of immigration to the USA comprises of several factors, including a medical evaluation. This factor is very important as the ability to immigrate is impacted by several health conditions.
Therefore, you must comprehend, prepare, and arrange your medical test and avoid making any mistakes.
Why Does It Matter?
Medical evaluation is necessary for immigration because of its impact on public health. Vaccination reports and medical evaluation is required by USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) to ensure that there are no health risks linked to the immigration of an applicant.
The following medical conditions make immigration not possible:
- An infectious disease is a risk for public health
- Physical or mental conditions which cause harmful behavior
- Unsatisfactory or absent proof of vital vaccinations
- Drug abuse or addiction
How to Find a Doctor?
You cannot get yourself evaluated for immigration by just any doctor. The doctor has to be authorized by the US government for this purpose. Hence, when you conduct an online search for ‘medical test for immigration Austell GA,’ you must first check the authorization of the doctor and the test. After identifying a certified professional, you can book an appointment. You will find online resources for Urgent Care Austell Rd.
Requirements for the Exam:
While getting ready for a medical immigration test, you must arrange for the following items:
- Passport size photos.
- Records of all vaccinations.
- A valid passport and other photo I.D issued by government.
- The fee amount based on doctor’s charges.
- Reports linked to conditions needing special education or supervision.
- Proof of completed treatment of Tuberculosis with a certificate of a qualified doctor.
- List of drugs used regularly for a chronic condition.
- A clearance certificate attested by a doctor as proof of successfully treated disease.
- If a person suffers from psychiatric or mental disease, should submit a written report including total diagnosis and prognosis.
- Submit the information about any violent behavior which caused injury to others, including humans and animals. The report must include details about the cause of such behavior as the use of alcohol or drugs or psychiatric issue.
There are two major categories of diseases which lead to rejection of candidature for immigration:
- Diseases with the need for quarantine like cholera, TB, plague, yellow fever, etc.
Note that you will not be barred if you have medical conditions that do not affect others like cancer or heart disease. But in certain times, these medical conditions render you inadmissible on the public charge that is linked with welfare issues like inability to fund your medical expenses.
Necessary Vaccinations for Adult and Child Applicants
The USCIS includes the required following vaccinations for immigration:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Meningococcal disease
- Pneumococcal disease
The immigration doctor will need more than your word to accept that you have had all the required vaccinations. So, you must bring along official copies of all vaccinations. Ensure that you have English translated copies.
How Does Test Take Place?
The doctor you selected will conduct a total review of your past and current mental and physical health. He will check your details and ask relevant questions. Following examinations will be conducted:
- Details of vaccinations.
- Evaluation of medical history of chronic conditions, disabilities, and hospitalization.
- Physical examination to ascertain the latest condition of physical health.
- Mental evaluation to judge decision making, comprehension, behavior, and intelligence.
After the exam, the doctor will fill the government form with all the details and findings and seal the form. You will not be able to open the seal.