There is nothing more frustrating than losing your extender’s WiFi password and not be able to log in to www mywifiext net setup wizard, especially when you find unwanted devices connected to your extender’s WiFi. You might be afraid of having a WiFi leech, forcing you to struggle with no internet or buffering issue. Whatever the reason is, if you forgot your Netgear extender WiFi password, then given-below are some ways you need to follow.
This write-up covers some of the best ways to recover a forgotten Netgear extender WiFi password. Continue reading!
How to Recover the Forgotten Netgear Extender WiFi Password?
If you are facing issues while reaching the Netgear extender’s password, then follow the steps listed below to fix the issue in minutes.
Note: The WiFi password of your Netgear extender can only be recovered if you have enabled the password recovery feature on your device.
How to Recover Netgear Extender WiFi Password Using the Password Recovery Feature?
Before getting started with the process, make sure that your Netgear WiFi range extender is properly plugged in and showing a stable power LED.
Let’s start over!
- Launch a web browser on your WiFi-enabled device that is connected to Netgear_ext SSID.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the browser’s address bar and hit the Enter key. In order to avoid any kind of login-related issues, it is suggested – do not enter mywifiext into the web browser’s search bar.
- As soon as you press the Enter key, you will see that the extender’s login page has been displayed on your device’s home screen.
- Click on the Cancel option in order to open the password recovery window.
- Now, you will be asked to answer a couple of security questions.
- Answer them carefully and click on Continue once you’re done.
- As soon as you click on the Continue button, you will be able to find the WiFi password of your Netgear range extender.
Note: As discussed earlier, the above-mentioned method will only work for you if you have enabled the password recovery feature on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
On the off chance if you are not able to get your device password back, then the only way out to fix the issue is to reset your Netgear extender back to the factory default settings and configure it again via mywifiext
After configuring your Netgear extender again, you are advised to change the default password of your device in order to keep it secure from unauthorized access. Also, note down your Netgear extender WiFi password somewhere safe just in case you forgot it.
Here’s how to reset the default password of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
How to Reset Netgear Extender WiFi Password?
- Launch your preferred web browser on a device that is connected to Netgear_ext SSID. It is suggested to use an updated version of the internet browser in order to avoid any browser-related issues while resetting the Netgear extender WiFi password.
- Enter mywifiext in the address bar field of your internet browser.
- Netgear extender login window will appear.
- Enter the default extender login credentials.
- Once done, click on the Log In button.
- You will be redirected to Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Locate the Advanced option and once found, click on Administration.
- Here, you can easily reset your Netgear extender WiFi password by following the on-screen instructions.
- Once done, click on Apply to save the changes.
That’s how you can reset the Netgear extender WiFi password and secure it from on-going threats.
The Final Words
In the event that you are still not able to change the Netgear extender WiFi password even after applying the steps given above, feel free to reach our competent technical experts through comments.