A good WiFi network, food, Netflix, and bed.
These three have become the basic necessities of every single person nowadays. If even one of these things is in jeopardy, our mood can shift from happy to frustrated pretty quickly.
Are you unable to have a good time online because you’re facing issues with your Netgear WiFi router? If the answer to the question is yes, congratulations, you’ve landed on the right page.
Here, you’ll learn about various tips that’ll help you in saying goodbye to all the annoying issues that you have been facing with your home router. So, with no further discussion, scroll down, and continue reading.
Tips to Resolve the Issues with Your Netgear WiFi Router
Issue 1. Router Not Connecting to the Modem
Most users find it difficult to connect their router with the modem. If you too are unable to create a connection between your WiFi devices, then don’t worry. All you have to do is change the mode of connection through which your devices are connected.
If you’ve been using a WiFi source to connect both your devices, then it is recommended that you make use of a cable instead. Why? Well, because using a cable is a more reliable way to keep your devices connected.
Issue 2. Routerlogin.net Not Working
One of the most common issues faced with a Netgear WiFi router is routerlogin.net not working issue. To ensure that you don’t get stuck with the same issue, here are a couple of things that you need to consider:
- Be very careful while inputting the default web address.
- Enter the web address in the address bar of yourbrowser instead of the search bar.
- Ensure that the web browser you’re using is up-to-date.
- If you still face the issue, then try to log into your router using 192.168.1.1
Issue 3. Netgear Router Firmware Update Failure
Another reason why your network isn’t performing as well as it should is because the firmware of your Netgear router isn’t updated. For your WiFi device to function properly, updating its firmware is damn important.
Thus, ensure that you update your home router from time to time. If required, you can set a reminder on your phone.
Here are the step-by-step guidelines that you need to follow in order to set up your Netgear WiFi router:
- Switch on your laptop. Make sure it’s fully charged.
- Then, launch a web browser that you prefer.
- Type http://routerlogin.net in the address bar and hit Enter.
- One you log into your router, go to the Settings option.
- Locate the Firmware Update option.
- Once found, click on the button.
Issue 4. Netgear Router Overheating
If you have been downloading huge files, then it’s quite obvious why your Netgear router is overheating. For Netgea router troubleshooting, mentioned below are a few quick points that you need to keep in mind:
- Avoid downloading huge and unnecessary files on your system.
- Do not connect more than 3 devices with the network of your home router.
- If the issue persists, switch off your device for some time and let it cool itself off.
Issue 5. Unable to Change the Password of the Router
Changing the password of your home network is quite necessary if you don’t want unauthorized users to access it. And if that’s exactly what you aren’t able to do, then you are in some serious trouble. But, not to worry. We can help you out.
Outlined here are the steps that you should follow to change the password of your router:
- Access the routerlogin web page.
- When prompted, enter the default username and password of your router.
- Click on Settings > Wireless.
- Now, enter the new password under the password field and hit Apply.
So, this was all about the issues faced with Netgear WiFi routers. Troubleshooting these issues will surely enhance the network of your device. In case you have any queries related to the issues mentioned in this article, feel free to reach out to our team of experts.