It may surprise some when their bodies began to change rapidly without a reasonable explanation. You still exercise and eat healthily, as you always have, but you seem to be thicker around the belly and you just can’t lose the fat. Your hair looks drier and course and it may even be getting thinner. You don’t seem to be able to spend the time at the gym you used to because you get tired more easily. Maybe you just need to take a nap after work before dinner. That is new.
This is life in middle age. While it is all new to you, it isn’t new to health. There is a reason why all this is happening. Welcome to hormonal changes.
You have a host of hormones that make sure your body functions correctly. There are reproductive ones like testosterone, progesterone, and estrogen, but other body organs also produce hormones. The liver secretes some and they work in conjunction with the growth hormone produced by the pituitary gland, spurs growth, sugar, and fat metabolism, and possibly heart function. The human growth hormone (HGH) is produced in your brain by the pituitary gland.
All of these hormones flood your body in youth to help you grow and develop. The growth hormone is particularly important in body development and function. According to the report at hghtherapydoc.com The Definitive Guide To HGH Replacement For Men Over 40 this rate of production continues through your 20s but then drops. Sometimes, it seems to drop like a rock after the age of 40.
The rate of production loss for HGH is 12 to 15 percent every 10 years. That leads to all kinds of issues related to aging from wrinkles to high cholesterol. You are gaining weight because the human growth hormone is responsible for high metabolism. You are feeling fatigued because the growth hormone helps produce energy. Without it, you are going to feel tired.
Checking Out for a Deficiency
One of the things you can do to see if some of your issues are hormone-related is to go to a doctor and get checked for hormone deficiencies. Be aware that a lower hormone production doesn’t mean you have a deficiency. A deficiency is when you have lower production that others your age. However, you can get a prescription for hormone replacement therapy (HRT) if your doctor finds you have a true growth hormone deficiency.
Getting HRT isn’t a cure-all for your aging symptoms. You can do lots of things to boost your own growth hormone levels and remain healthy and sexy at any age.
1. Be sure to eat right. This may mean something a little different than what you have done for your diet in the past. This means more antioxidants, like berries and green leafy vegetables. These types of foods help your body boost its own production of HGH and other hormones.
2. Maintain exercise. It has been proven that exercise helps bone health as well as muscle health. It is also great for your heart and has even been proven to help maintain your brain function because it stimulates parts of your brain and helps hormones like the growth hormone be produced and released more readily.
3. Losing belly fat is one sure way to boost your HGH levels and make you feel sexier as well as healthier. A study showed those with fat in their mid-section had less than 50 percent of normal HGH production.
4. Fasting occasionally will also boost your growth hormone levels as well as cleanout your entire colon system. A study showed that human growth hormone levels tripled after three days of fasting. It went up by 1,250 percent with a week-long fast. Plus fasting a few times a year drinking only water will wash away toxins and other debris stuck in your colon.
5. An arginine supplement has been shown to be helpful to boost HGH naturally. Most suggest this be taken outside of exercise for the best results.
6. Try an HGH releaser or booster supplement. These can be bought over-the-counter without a prescription because they don’t contain any HGH. Instead, they naturally help your body either produces the hormone or release it more into your body. Releasers and boosters come in pills, gels, patches, and sprays.
You may find a combination of these things is the right solution for your life. It may take a little extra effort to stay healthy and sexy as you get older, but it is well worth it to have the best quality of life possible. You are your own best investment.