Whenever you visit a medical center, doctors strap blood pressure cuffs around your arms to measure the pressure. Setting such straps aims to understand how well your heart is working. If there is high blood pressure, it is a matter of concern, and if it is too low, again, it can pose a threat. So, it is essential to maintain balanced blood pressure.
If you are having hypertension or high blood pressure, you can consult your doctors to maintain low pressure. You can visit medical centers like clinic time to get advice about your ideal health.
What Does High Blood Pressure Mean?
Blood pressure is a measure or reading of two forces from the heartbeat system. When the heart beats, it pushes the blood into arteries, capillaries, and veins. So, pressure results from both pumping in and out of the blood.
A healthy blood pressure level is 120/80 mmHg, but if the number increases from this, it is high blood pressure. It is not a static measure and fluctuates throughout the day as per your activity. During these activities, if the number is above the normal level, the blood puts more pressure on the walls of the blood vessels. It is a greater health risk. Therefore, you should know how to maintain it at a balanced level.
What are the Risk Factors of High Blood Pressure?
- Family History: If you have a family history of high blood pressure, it can be possible that genes can play a role in you and create a problem of high blood pressure.
- Diet and Exercise: While family history is important, you should also know that high blood pressure is associated with your diet. If your diet has more cholesterol, saturated fats, or calories, it will lead to high pressure.
- Smoking and Drinking Alcohol: Smoking and drinking alcohol also increases blood pressure. Apart from this, you can also find that nicotine in tobacco also increases blood pressure levels.
What are the Best Ways to Maintain Blood Pressure?
- The first and foremost important point is to look into your diet. Your diet should not include high sodium or cholesterol. Therefore, you should consume fruits, vegetables, drinks, and nuts.
- Maintaining a healthy weight can help you keep less pressure on arteries.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, which can help keep your body active and burn excess calories.
- Manage your stress level. If you are taking more stress, it can lead to more pressure and ultimately affect high blood pressure levels.
- Have a good night’s sleep to relax.
So, these are certain important points about blood pressure and how you should maintain it. You can consult your doctor for better care if you have any symptoms of high blood pressure, like headache or anxiety.