On your Windows operating system, when you try to open a file or a program, you receive an error called “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1–1–0.dll is missing.” Some of you might be wondering that what does this error means. So, let me tell you, this ‘api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1–1–0.dll’ is a kind of file which is included in “Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015” software and all those Windows users who don’t have this software; they’ll likely to get this error. So, there’s nothing much to worry about as there are three ways/methods with the help of which you can fix ‘‘api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll’ missing error. So, without wasting any further second let’s continue reading to learn the steps of each method:
Method 1: Download the Software from Microsoft Official Website:
In order to get the Visual C++ Redistributable software on your Windows 10 operating system, download it from the official Microsoft site. To do so:
- Open Chrome and search for the link of Microsoft Download Website.
- Once you get it, click on it to open the Microsoft download website.
- There, look out for the ‘Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015’ software by searching for it from Microsoft site’s search option.
- Then, from the search result, click on the software and open it.
- After that, click on the ‘Download button,’ select the type of your system and then click on the ‘Next’ button in order to get it on your Windows system.
- Once the process completes, click double on the downloaded.exe file and simply just follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- Now, open the program or file in order to check whether it is resolved or not.
Method 2: Install the detected Windows Update version to get the Software:
One can get “Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015” in “KB2999226” of the Windows Update version. This means, in order to get the Visual C++ Redistributable software in your operating system, just download and install this Windows Update version. To do so:
- Press the Windows key and open the ‘Start Menu’ in order to type ‘Update’ in the ‘Search Box.’
- Then, from the available options click on ‘Check for Updates.’
- After that, Windows will automatically check for updates.
- And, there’s this feature in Windows 10 that Microsoft will itself install the detected Windows update version on the operating system.
- Once, the system finished the installation process, quickly restart your computer and simply repeat the above-mentioned steps till the time Windows tell “No more updates are available.”
- That’s it! Then, launch the same file or program to check whether the problem resolved or not yet.
And, in case if you already have the software in your Windows operating system, but having some issues with it, then use this method to repair this software in order to get rid of ‘API-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1–1–0.dll file is missing’ error:
- Open ‘Control Panel’ and click on ‘Programs and Features’ that is there under the ‘Small icon pane.’
- After that, click on the ‘Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable’ option and then hit on the ‘Change’ button.
- Then, click on the ‘Repair’ option and after that on the ‘yes’ button when ‘User Account Control’ prompts you.
- Lastly, click on ‘Continue’ to follow the on-screen instructions to repair the software finally.