In today’s era, the need of the internet has become essential, not only for netizens but for every user around the world. That’s why lots of users opt for Netgear N300 extender to get fast fast internet connection all over their home. Setting up Netgear N300 extender will not only provide you a faster internet connection but also boost the coverage of your existing router’s WiFi network. In simple words, you will have no trouble to access the internet no matter in which room you sit.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started with the Netgear N300 setup process, shall we?
Step-by-Step Instructions to Perform Netgear N300 Setup
Power On Your Netgear N300 Extender
The first step in our post is to plug in your Netgear N300 extender. To do so, follow the instructions highlighted below:
- Plug in your Netgear N300 extender into a working wall.
- Ensure that the wall plug you are using is free from any sort of damages.
- Press the power button your Netgear N300 extender and turn it on.
- Wait for the extender’s power LED to become green.
Note: To complete the Netgear N300 setup process without any hassle, keep your extender and your router in close proximity.
Connect Your Netgear N300 Extender and Router
Once the power LED on your Netgear N300 becomes stable, grab an Ethernet cable and create a secure and solid connection between the extender and your router. Also, keep the following points into consideration while creating an Ethernet connection between your Netgear N300 extender and router:
- The Ethernet cable you are using shouldn’t have any dust or damages.
- On the off chance if the Ethernet cable is damaged, replace it right away.
- You can also connect your Netgear N300 and router in a wireless manner.
- Once done, connect your desktop, laptop, or mobile device to Netgear_ext.
Open an Internet Browser
As soon as you connect your WiFi-enabled device to Netgear_ext SSID, open an internet browser. Once done, follow the instructions outlined underneath:
- Right off the bat, ensure that the internet browser you are using is up-to-date.
- Pull up an internet browser.
- Hover your mouse cursor over the browser’s address bar.
- Type www.mywifiext.net without typos.
- Press the Enter key.
Note: You can also use the default Netgear extender IP address to perform Netgear N300 setup process.
Enter the Default Netgear Extender Login Details
After pressing the Enter key, you will be redirected to the Netgear extender login page. Here, you have to provide the default extender login details carefully and click on the Log In button. In the event that you are unable to access the Netgear extender login page, have a quick glance at the tips listed below:
- Make sure that you have the correct and valid extender login details handy with you.
- Your WiFi-enabled device must be connected to Netgear_ext SSID.
- The web address i.e. www.mywifiext.net must not be entered into the web browser’s search bar.
- If you are an iOS user, use mywifiext local web address to access the extender’s login page.
Follow the On-Screen Instructions
Now, you will be taken to the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard. Here, you have to follow the on-screen Netgear N300 setup instructions in the exact given order to make your extender up and running.
In a Nutshell
After completing the Netgear N300 setup process, you will be able to enjoy the uninterrupted internet connection throughout your home, In the event that you can’t make the most out of your Netgear N300 extender, without any hesitation, feel free to get in touch with our competent technical experts at any hour of the day or night.